Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation What’s your environmental setup?

3 voices
6 replies
  • Author
      Nate
      Participant

What kinds of environmental controls do you guys have set up? Aside from the standard extraction fans, what else is in your grow space? Is anyone running ac (either window or central)? What kinds of fans do you have inside the tent/room? Tower fans? Floor fans? Oscillating or stationary? Do you have anything to control your humidity? Is anyone supplimenting CO2? Let me know what you guys are using, and what works or doesn’t work for you.

Brad104
      Participant

I am going to keep running my 8,000 but air conditioner and a 6inch inline fan as well in my 4×4 closet space grow the ac will be in the main room we’re hopefully the detachable driver will be too so I can keep everything where it needs to be Thank you for the post @nate

Nate
        Participant

Right on. I haven’t been able to get AC in my basement yet (we only just got a window one for our room this year), so I actually had to take the summer off from growing because of the heat. I wish I had some windows in the basement so I could put in an AC unit without running HVAC through the floor.

Somatek
      Participant

I currently have a 6″ inline fan on a speed controller at low speed venting out of my flower room, a 6″ infinity blowing in constantly at max speed for the intake to create positive pressure in the grow.  I’m not bothering buying new circulation fans as I’ll create a manifold to direct the intake vent evenly up through the canopy (currently have an old 16″ fan doing the job).  I think I can squeeze a 4″ inline fan into the veg chamber under the table for venting out, I leave it open most of the day for intake or there’s lots of gaps when it’s closed for passive intake.  I’ll probably get some computer fans for air circulation as I don’t like the mini oscillating fans, I just don’t trust them when it comes down to it as I’m paranoid about fires in grow rooms.

I have inkbird controllers, a dehumidifier, cool mist humidifier and other gear around if needed but I don’t run AC.  I’d rather just shut down for a couple months (usually run the last crop out in May, take June and July off, start getting ready to grow again in Aug so there are plants ready to flower in Sept when the weathers cool),  take a break from growing and smoke my through some of the excess bud that’s accumulated.  Also gives me a chance to properly sterilize the room and rest the moms for a bit; ideally tossing them outside to grow as I find being out in full sun for a couple months seems to keep them healthier.  If I don’t have that luxury I just let them veg and leave them alone until I need to cut clones to start gearing up again.

Nate
        Participant

Sounds like a pretty good setup. I need to upgrade my intake to my tent/possibly add some filters. I also need to get a humidity controller and also a new humidifier. I have a decent sized cool mist one that can produce enough humidity to keep it within range, but it has no RH% setting, and if the power is cut from a plug based controller it doesn’t resume once the power comes back on. I took the summer off this year because of the heat like I said above, and it was kind of nice being able to reset and plan things out a little bit better. I’ve just been accumulating gear as I’ve realized what I’m missing as I’m learning how to grow better, and kind of scrambling to get things together as I’m going through a grow lol.

Somatek
        Participant

It took me probably 2-3 years of buying gear, screwing around trying different things, buying more lights, realising I needed more stuff, wasting money, learning and eventually figuring things out.  A year or two later I started working at a head shop that sold grow gear, thought about buying it but moved to TO instead and managed a hydroponic shop there for a couple years.  Growing is much more accessible when you’re buying gear at basically wholesale lol.

Sounds like a hassle with the cool mist humidifier.  Hope you figure something out.

Brad104
      Participant

What a meticulous system and method my friend.I would expect no less from you sir .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close