Home Forums Grow Journal white widow and ak47 from ilgm

last updated by Keith 1 year, 6 months ago
4 voices
18 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

I documented this on another forum but wanted to add it here bc I think this will end up being my main forum.  Plus, ya know.  This was my first grow and I was way overly careful about things.  I absolutely fell in love with it though.

This was back in February of this year.  This blurple light given to me by a friend was what started me out.  “I’ve already got the most expensive piece of equipment” I told myself and my wife.  Here we are at least $1000 later, but so damn worth every penny.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Keith
      Participant

I pretty quickly bought another light from Amazon.  Here’s some pics of them a week or 2 later with the normal light.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

This was the first lst I’d ever attempted.  I knew the idea was to open up the bud sites.  I wasn’t completely sure where the buds sits were but it wasn’t too hard to figure out.  I watched time lapse videos of plants growing.  Where I messed up on lst was not supporting the base  and slowly working it down into an L shape but instead just tipped it over and held it down.  It didn’t hurt them but to way way over to one side.  Now I’ll plant a little closer to one side and tip the other way.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

This is them a little while later, I just kept on with the same routine of opening up bud sites my moving fan leaves or lining them back.  I didn’t cut anything off until right before flower.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

This was my first attempt at a scrog net.  I really had very little clue as to what I was doing with it.  It I didn’t fully understand the lateral growing concept and bending them down under the net as they peak up.  In not really sure I fully understand it all even yet but I feel like I did pretty well on this last grow with the net.

Attachments:
        Atom
        Participant

Another person using ac infinity bags nice. I love that company, mostly foe there fans but have other great products

Keith
      Participant

They vegged for about 6 weeks.  I was worried about them stretching to far for my tent to be able to handle.  I also only used 3 gal pots.  They ended up being small plants and I ended up with tons on extra head room.  This pic was prob around week 8-9.  2 or 3 weeks of 12/12.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

I forgot to add all the details.
      I’m growing in ffhf soil and using their trio of nutrients. Watering with spring water I get from a local spring. Igot away with not having to use cal mag for a month or so. 3 gal fabric pots. The light I have is a unifun 150w blurple led. I pretty quickly picked up a $70 100w led on Amazon though.

Keith
      Participant

This is a few weeks later.  I picked up the powdered flowering nutrients from fox farms as well.  I also started using can mag around this time bc I was drying signs on the leaves.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

I’ll finish this up tomorrow night.  Gotta work in the morning, ya know.

Brad104
      Participant

I’m doing the white widow now, I just got one done and I’ve got like 15 cuttings ready to transfer out of Solo cups anyway the plants are great as far as how they grow but it seems to be to be a weeker strain.I don’t get the buzz from it that I do from say the peyote gorilla or the fuel dog and purple strains I have as well did you think 💬 it was kinda week stand even though the buds get really good sized but I like a stoning high and I have to smoke double the white widow

Keith
      Participant

To be honest I lost track of which plants germinated and which one was which.  I chose one to be the ww bc it was frosty and white, then the other was the ak.  I felt what you said about the ak but really that couldn’t been the ww.  So yes and maybe no.

Unholyfire
      Participant

Just started another Auto White Widow from Seed Stockers. It’s 5 days old today. Really love the strain.

Keith
      Participant

This was 4 or 5 weeks into flower.  They were starting to stack and looking really good but I kept wondering how all those wispy hairs were going to turn into buds.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

This is week 4 after they started to flower.  Still rocking the blurple.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

5 weeks after flower, this was point when I looked at them one day and thought “holy shit I grew some fucking pot!”.  I remember sending these pics to the 2 people other than my wife that knows I’m growing.  The other one the ak wasn’t looking nearly as far along.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

Things kept moving along well over the next few weeks.  I had been following the ff feeding schedule.  Not much to report on.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

These were the last pictures I took before I harvested.  I learned a good amount towards the end of this grow.  How to better control my environment bc I had a major heat spike for a few days until I figured out how to fix it and what that can do to the plants.  I was seeing a lot of amber and thought she was ready.  I posted a bunch of the pics with the amber in them.  But in reality this pics only represented 10% of what the plant looked like as a whole.  There were a lot of clear crystals.  I didn’t notice until after I had already chopped.  I was out of pot and dying to harvest.  I had already been cutting lower branches off for a week before I harvested.  Either way I considered it a successful harvest.  I was extremely happy with the weed as what I was getting before was expensive garbage.

I didn’t cut off very many leaves.  I was able to hold it around 61-63° with 60-65% humidity and had a very good long dry.  I smoked it as it cured so it never reached full cure.

Attachments:
      Keith
      Participant

Here’s some of the finished product.  I didn’t really take any pics of the ak.  It didn’t look that great but surprisingly it got me just as stoned.  Sometimes I felt like it got me more stoned than the ww.  Ww was frosty and smelled amazing when I opened the jar.  It was never harsh at all.  I was very happy with the drying and curing process.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close