Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Yellowing Leaf Tips WTH?!?!

7 voices
15 replies
  • Author
      Loves2Trim
      Participant

Every single grow to this date, I’ve had Yellowing Tips.

I’ve tried everything I can think of. Can the SF community please help me.

Brad104
      Participant

Is it the tips only no yellowing anywhere else on the leaf, and do you have any pictures?

Atom
      Participant

Throw up a picture if you can. In flower mine always get a bit if yellow tips. I think it might be normal to some extent.

Loves2Trim
      Participant

How do I insert a pic man. I tried on mobile and laptop?

Loves2Trim
      Participant

Keith
      Participant

I get them as well.  I was told it was a slight sign of overfeeding and that it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing bc it’s more or less a harmless way for your plant to tell you she’s full and not to up the feeding dosage anymore.  You prob could even back off a bit on the ratios.  It made sense and I’ve confirmed it with others but usually one plant will get it and the other doesn’t.  I honestly clicked on the thread to read the answers, but thought that might help.  These guys will help you though.

Hoppiefrog
        Participant

Hi there looks like you can use some helps , the issue you are seeing here is a multi factor issue at hand . The first issue I can see foremost is a calcium issue , cannabis uses almost as much calcium as nitrogen and is immobile so one needs to front load through entire grow in order to allow enough time for the calcium to move from roots to grown tips . But I would venture to say your ph looks to be part of the issue (I’m guessing high soil ph ) anything above 6.7 and you will start seeing issues and lockout. The burnt.leaf tips are likely caused by too much available nitrogen being uptaken or an overly high enzymatic count but I’m guessing you are not using enzymes or you probably would have good microbial activity and therefore no ph issues. Anyhow I hope this is inform you can understand if not I’m happy to help if I can navigate this site haha. After almost 30 years I still have a mentor I need advice from on the regular be humble and not shy ask questions and learn it’s so beautiful 💟

Loves2Trim
      Participant

Here is an example. It usually starts about the time the 5th or 6th node sprouts. Goes from yellowing tips in old and new growth. Stems turn purple and sometimes leaves turn brownish rusty. What am I doing?

Atom
      Participant

Purple stems are normally magnesium deficiency. What medium do you use, and what are you feeding?

Cannabliss
      Participant

The deficiencies take a little time to show, by the time we see visible signs, the plants been needing it for at least a week.
      The burnt tips definitely looks like she was over fed. Environment plays a role in how the plant transpires.
      I’ve notice I’m more prone to yellowing tips when humidity is low.

Hoppiefrog
        Participant

Purple stems are a sign of nutritional imbalance between calcium/phosphorus and sodium

Loves2Trim
      Participant

Medium is usually 6 gallons of Ocean forrest and an extra gallon of pearlite. Main veg nute is Botanicare grow. I’ve tried fresh grows with full nute schedule, half nute schedule and no nutes and had the same results. Humidity is usually 55 -65. Also use Prevegenics  MicroGenics 0.75% for micros.

Racky
      Participant

Cal Mag fixxed my issue like this.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
        Hoppiefrog
        Participant

If your growing in a organic soil mix you will find 17+ gallon pots are ideal , it’s hard to keep the microbes happy or enough nutrients available in anything less , if you have no choice but to use small pots try adding some proper aact to the regeim if you are already brewing your feed , helps to break it down and make it plant available, enzymes, microbes and bokashi are your best friends in any organic system

Loves2Trim
      Participant

I just built a small scale RO water filter Im gonna start controlling my water better and see if its build up of PHdown and Calcium.

Loves2Trim
      Participant

17 gallon seems like a huge number but in reality not much bigger in diameter and height. whats AACT and bokashi?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close