Home Forums Cannabis Cultivation Composting

3 voices
16 replies
  • Author
      Keith
      Participant

wanted to start a thread on composting.  I’ve had a pile going all summer.  It’s produced some rich dark soil but I’m unsure what else I will need to add to it to make it suitable for growing pot in.  I’ve read a bit about living soil and have seen recipes too follow, but I’d love to start a conversation about it with people who know more than I do.

Brad104
      Participant

I’m right there with you @keith I’m thinking of starting a pile myself but unfortunately I don’t know enough about it so I dunno man.Can I use any color cardboard or is everything brown and green Only?

Keith
      Participant

Def only green and brown cardboard. 😁

Somatek
      Participant

We’ve already gone over composting in this tread, wouldn’t it be easier to keep the info together instead of repeating conversations and cluttering up the forums?

Keith
        Participant

This is my thread that is specific for compost.

Somatek
        Participant

I’ll be curious to see if anyone has anything to add as they didn’t in the other thread and I’ve already shared my general opinion/given you your advice which is why it seems redundant but good luck.

Keith
        Participant

Did you get the joke though?  It looks the reply went to the wrong spot.  It would be to hard to explain.  Plus then it wouldn’t be funny.  It wasn’t really funny funny, but I thought it was clever, haha.

Keith
      Participant

Speaking of, I don’t think my piles doing anything anymore.  It’s just dirt and grass clippings now.   I didn’t know if there were any organic tips tricks or Tech I could use to make it better🤔

Keith
      Participant

I made this thread weeks ago though.

Brad104
        Participant

I’ve mistakenly done that as well @ Keith for I’m not the most tech savvy guy but I believe that I am figuring out the forum,I believe

Keith
        Participant

I think he thinks I started this thread after we had already discussed things on his thread, but I posted this at the beginning of the month.  No one jumped on it though.  Except for soma, but only to tell me I shouldn’t have posted it.  Lol.  I don’t even know how he saw it, it must’ve been back on page 15 I’d assume.

Somatek
        Participant

I commented because the front page was spammed with posts from you one morning, including this one so if you posted it a month ago then Brad must have dug it up as there was only 2 posts, the date is in Chinese and it looked like it was posted that morning.  I get everyone wants to win the contest but I find I’m barely checking the forums anymore and often just replying to notifications because any content is lost in a flood of redundant posts about the same topics.

Hopefully it settles down after the contest is over, it’d be even better if a mod deleted redundant threads to stop people from doing it to try and win as there’s a lot out there.  Either way I’ll be too busy to be posting much between starting the new job, organizing a Croptober pot social for local market research and starting to petition the alcohol, liquor, gaming and cannabis commission about the regulations around stores to be posting much for the next week or two.  Hopefully I remember to cash out my points as I none of the prizes would be useful for me as I already have extra lights, fans and I build my own tents so someone else who can use it should have the chance to win.

Keith
        Participant

I get it bro, trust me I do.  But you can’t change the world you can only live within it.  Which it seems is exactly what you did, as well.  You can’t throw a contest and expect people not to go a little over board to win.  In any kind of competition there’s always going to be someone who’s willing to sacrifice more to win.  And there’s going to be people who judge him for it.  Though I guess it is odd to have one of the persons who’s done it judge the other people that did it as well.  But that’s what I mean man, you can’t change people.  Take some advice from me on this bc this is my wheelhouse.  It’s only going to cause you more grief analyzing and judging the behaviors, opinions, attitudes, actions,  just damn anything of others.  I tell you bc I personally know it to be true.  It’s only going to bring you grief, cause you to become bitter and hate everyone.

I hope you don’t judge me too harshly bc I do need a light.  So for the first time ever in my life I was one of those dudes who was willing and able to sacrifice more, and I went for it.  It’s not a good feeling to win something I know someone else wanted.  Though I would be happy and unregretful, part of me would still feel guilty.  Compounded by the fact that the best part of this forum, so far, has been the info I’ve gotten from you.  So either I’m a selfish asshole and just want to take everything for myself or I just really want to win this light.  But either way, it’s kinda irrelevant.

I really enjoy being apart of something from the very beginning.  We get to help launch this thing.  And yeah we’re all cluttering it up, but I think that’s prob what they wanted.  I doubt they put no thought into the contest and it’s not difficult to figure what’s going to happen when you give people points for creating posts.  Things will def get more relaxed for a bit, but you’ll still be seeing me around.  I think the forums really going to get off the ground when the contest ends.  There will be more substance to the posts.  We’ll start seeing more dense buds and not so much larf.

Somatek
        Participant

I fully understand your and Brad’s drive to win the light as you both clearly need it and money’s tight for everyone these days.  I don’t judge either of you or see you as selfish; I’m just focused on what’s best to build a community and when the forums are flooded with posts, often variations of the same question, that pushes new users content off the front and means there’s less engagement to keep them coming back.

As a neurodivergent person  I don’t think in dualities, good/bad, right/wrong, selfish/selfless; I don’t understand people and forming any opinion about them/their actions is just a reflection of myself more then anything.  I choose not to post threads for points as it’s irrelevant to me compared to creating a site for beginners to get quality info.  What others choose to do is up to them based on their needs and values, which has nothing to do with me.  I will express how others behaviour affects me, like being clear that I’m using the forum less because of the clutter pushing good posts onto back pages where they get no attention as that affects me.  I love sharing info and helping people but I’m not going to waste my time repeating the same things because the info is getting lost in a deluge of spam.  In that case my time is better spent like I normally spreading my time on all the forums equally so the info is more spread out and more people read it.  There’s no judgement, simply a decision about the best use of my time based on the reality of the situation.

I don’t think Spider Farm expected it to roll out this way and has been stuck between understanding they need to moderate things to keep spamming down while also not wanting to delete content and discourage people from posting.

Keith
        Participant

So just to get this straight, I made a post about composting on 10/3.  Then a week and a half or so later you made a similar thread organic tips, tricks, and tech.  Which was awesome.  Then a week after that you jumped on my older thread and asked me why I made a redundant thread and that I’m clogging the forum up.  To be perfectly honest I never thought either of those threads were redundant or overlapped too much in info, but if they were, I wasn’t the one making it redundant. I had had my post asking composting questions and you decided to make another one.  So I happily jumped on your and learned some stuff.  Bro I will delete this thread if you think it’s clogging stuff up and making people not want to participate.  I don’t think it’s that big a deal.  If I’ve got an issue with my plants or am trying to learn something I enjoy being able to look through 15 different threads full of mostly the same but slightly different info.   I don’t see it as a bad thing.

Somatek
        Participant

I “jumped” on the thread when it popped up on the front page after we discussed the topic in the tips/tricks and tech thread.  I didn’t answer the original thread because it’s too big of a topic, too complicated and like I said when you asked about it in tips/tricks and tech you’re better off buying a book to learn it.  I wasn’t going to be a dick and reply to your thread about composting “it’s too complicated, just buy a book” as it shuts down the conversation, which is why I deflected when asked directly about it.

Brad104
      Participant

I heard that bro, I have no idea what is going to happen when 10-31 is over and then we see who wins what you know.I do know that it’s not going to be as long as it has been bro

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close